- In São Paulo for Beyoncé's concert tomorrow? Then make sure to stop by Galeria Mezanino in Jardins to check out the exhibit A Vida Até Parece Uma Festa, on display until February 20.
- Beyoncé almost fell on stage in Floripa.
- How hot did Camila Alves look at the premiere of season 3 of Shear Genius this week?
I am not the biggest fan of the show, but I can already tell this
season will be much better than the two previous ones with Orlando Pita
on board and Camila's Brazilian accent.
- Paris Hilton has been preparing for Carnival in Rio by taking samba lessons.
- Someone wasn't invited to the shows in New York: Lindsay Lohan is also going to Rio for Carnival.
- Three mash ups to get you ready for Carnival next week: Lady Gaga vs. Paulinho da Costa, Daft Punk vs. Sergio Mendes and Ke$ha vs. Mocidade.
- Watch the making of the 2010 Pirelli Calendar shot in Trancoso.
- General Cerqueira Filho is making headlines after claiming that gay soldiers are not capable of being in command in the Army, and suggesting that gay men should not be allowed to join the Armed Forces. He was appointed to head the Supreme Military Court this past Wednesday.
- Models.com has a first look at V Magazine's amazing Size Issue: Curves Ahead by Sølve Sundsbø and Barrio Gotico by Sebastian Faena.
- Camila Alves gave birth to a baby girl on January 3.
- Hercules magazine is shooting in Rio this week.
- Alessandra Ambrósio will be hitting the runway for jeanswear label Colcci this month at São Paulo Fashion Week.
- Scott Schuman and Garance Doré will be covering the shows in Rio this season.
- Prada's mystery model is revealed.
- A preview of Dolce & Gabbana's men's spring 2010 ad campaign.
- Doutzen Kroes and Erasmo Viana for Amir Slama's collection for C&A.
- Martha Streck for The Contributing Editor.
- Casey Spooner is getting ready to release a solo album, and was kind enough to share a new song with MIB readers. The single is called Faye Dunaway, and you can download it for free here.
- Listen to Roisin Murphy's new single Momma's Place.
- I am sad to report that hostess and performer Hillary Daniels passed away over the weekend in Florianópolis. She was found drowned at the pool at Lagoa Iate Clube at the E*Joy party on January 2. Regardless of what the actual cause of her death was, I would like to ask you guys to please be extra careful at parties. The thought of someone drowning in a pool during a party without anyone noticing it is really scary to me, and it is something that shouldn't happen. An event of this size at new year's should have better trained security, and I welcome comments from the organizers of E*Joy on that matter. In respect for Hillary, I will
not be posting any pictures of the new year's parties in Florianópolis
this past weekend. I only met her once, but I know she will be dearly missed by many.
- Here is the twitter-themed Vogue Italia December cover everyone is talking about.
- Alessandra Ambrósio shares her top ten tips to bag a man by Christmas. Yet another reason to love her.
- Shear Genius will be back in February with Camila Alves as the new host and Orlando Pita as the new mentor.
- The official line up for the January fall shows in Rio has been released.
- Vik Muniz, Obra Completa 1987-2009, a catalog raisonné on the work of the artist featuring over 1,600 images, will be released on December 17 at Shopping Cidade Jardim in São Paulo.
- DJ Samantha Ronson will be spinning at Cine Veneza in Rio on December 18.
- Têtu has uploaded pictures of Rodrigo Calazans.
- Francisco Lachowsky by Massimo Pamparana.
- Beyoncé topped the nominations for the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards, with ten total nods, including Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Song of the Year. Also up for the top three categories are Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. Taylor Swift has eight nominations, followed by Kanye West, The Black Eyed Peas, and Maxwell, with six nominations each.
- Check out Blabbeando and Towleroad for coverage of last night's rally for marriage equality in New York. There is another rally scheduled for tonight in Union Square.
- Meet the models' boyfriends: more from the May issue of Vogue.
- Matthew McConaughey's gf Camila Alves to replace Jaclyn Smith as the host of Shear Genius.
- Filling the void left by Project Runway, Bravo has green-lighted a new show called Launch My Line.
- Shopping for a gf? Lindsay Lohan's eHarmony video personal is quite promising.
- You heard it here first, but it only made the news yesterday: Madonna has paid $40 million for a townhouse on 81st and Lexington.
- Diane Von Furstenberg plans on opening a DVF store at Iguatemi Mall in São Paulo next year. She is landing in the city this week with Christian Louboutin, who recently opened a store there.
- Beachwear label Blue Man is skipping the spring shows in São Paulo in June in respect for the death of the label's founder David Azulay earlier this year.
- Novak Djokovic scores on and off court.
- Openly gay Indian prince Manvendra Sing Gohil has confirmed that he will be attending the São Paulo Gay Pride parade on June 14.
- Rio's phone company Telemar was sentenced to paying R$ 6,000 to a transexual for moral damages. The transexual had filed a lawsuit against the phone company after being harassed by a telemarketer.
- More sizzling outtakes from the tenth issue of Junior magazine with model Junior Ferreira.