- Brazil may not be as liberal as you think. A national poll published by newspaper O Globo revealed that 99% of the population over 16 years old has some form of prejudice against homosexuals. Also according to the poll, 16% of the people interviewed considered homosexuality a disease. The Brasil Sem Homofobia (Brazil With No Homophobia) program reported that a new hate crime was commited every third day last year. The federal government will use the data collected on the poll to develop new policies against discrimination.
- AMG Brasil's Rio scored top (no pun intended) nominations for this year's GayVN Awards, including best picture and best director. Click here to watch an x-rated preview of the movie (NSFW).
- Lorenzo Martone talks about Valentine's Day with Marc Jacobs.
- Michelle Obama's Vogue cover.
- Christian Louboutin is heading to Trancoso in Bahia for a little vacation, and to look for inspiration for his next collection. His flagship store at Iguatemi Mall in São Paulo opens next month.
- More Edilson Nascimento backstage at the new Guess Underwear ad campaign, and at Ohlala Mag.
- Newcomer Daniela Borges shoots Louis Vuitton Beachwear in Rio de Janeiro.
- Brazilian jeanswear label Zoomp was shut down by police officers.
- With 72% of the votes, Newton was eliminated from Big Brother Brazil last night. Expect to see him posing for Globo's Paparazzo later in the week.
The comments to this entry are closed.